Sunday, April 26, 2009


042209
WORK OUT

Morning!
Time to feed the cat,
nuke a cup of tea and
pull on shoes and sweats.

I set the timer
add a little incline and start walking the walk.

Yes,
it's beautiful outside
but in here my rubber concourse keeps me
on track.

Step by step
I wake.


042309
TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Why did I tell you?
Apparently,
honesty's price is pain.

Confession is good for the soul
unburdened, but
what of the soul of the confessor? I
was unsettled, defensive. You were
stricken, betrayed.

Love you
I did, but
love was not enough to extinguish the burning
restlessness inside me. I
always wanted more. To be
more.
To do
more. To
feel more.

I was not the woman
we both wanted me to be. You
were not the man I needed. Our love
broke--
stretched
far beyond romantic nostalgia.


042409
PCH

the highway beckons.
wind whispers, now roars and
the road ahead sings with speed. I'm giddy
with the promise of forward motion, drunk
with anticipation of mysteries around the next bend.
asphalt
calls to a deep restlessness inside of me, a siren song
luring me
onward,
outward.
and off-course.

No comments: